Friday, March 12, 2010

waiting

as you know, wasn't able to post during the entire trip which was disappointing .... but probably a good thing in the long run. Today marks the two week mark since I returned home. It has been a roller coaster - name an emotion... I have felt it.... at least once. I will "cut and paste" some of my reflections from when I first returned. What I have been feeling the last 48 hours is sadness.... I know this is where God wants me to be - for now - but I feel as if part of my body, mind, soul..... are in Kenya....I don't quite know what to do with all of it. I am so happy about the money donated for the land on the hill..... but my heart continually breaks for baby Esther and I find myself thinking of her and praying for her throughout the day and night. I was encouraged for a few days and told myself, "see, there are things you can do from here" - but that is just not cutting it for me the last two days.... so, what to do now? wait. listen - to God and to others. tell the stories. wait. listen. and wait some more......

1 comment:

  1. In God's time.....that is so hard. I've been waiting for God's time for nearly 30 years now. It's so hard when you know there is a calling on your life but the time has not yet come for it to be fully fulfilled. You gets tastes of it here and there and that is satisfying for a little while but then that goes away. Your appetite is whet for more and it is not there. It's easy to become paralyzed by it all. So, my prayer for you is that you keep breathing and that you have people in your life that say.....In God's time.

    Prayers abound for you my dear friend.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete