Saturday, April 17, 2010

wHAT ARE WE TO DO?


Reading a book called "Just Courage". Chuck read a quote from it in church a couple weeks back. I had to put it down - it is scaring me a little bit. This guy is writing my thoughts and questions
VERBATIM. He talks about "divine restlessness" - a "voice of sacred discontent" - "the voice of a holy yearning for more". "This is the supernatural moment when the rescued enter into their divine destiny as rescuers. This is the critical transition - when we who have been rescued by Christ come to understand that our rescue has not been simply for ourselves but for an even more exalted purpose. Indeed our own rescue is God's plan for rescuing the world that He loves."

He goes on..... "We're really uncomfortable about where the adventure might lead. While nodding affirmations in Jesus' direction as he beckons, we cannot get our feet to actually move. "..........."How do I actually live with bravery, love and significance....... we have all had moments and glimpses of our own courage........ how can we live like that so consistently that it becomes who we actually are?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... and his next line - and mine as well........."WHAT ARE WE TO DO???????"

H

2 comments:

  1. Continued prayers as you muster up that courage that I well know is within you to go and do that which now drives your inner spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There,
    A few months back you posted a comment on my blog. I read it then but recently read it again and was so touched. I must have been hurried the first time I read it! Thank you so much for taking the time to connect. I really appreciate your encouragement and your heart for the nations. There is something about Kenya that just grips you..and those children...they are so beautiful and amazing. I will forever be changed and my life will forever be linked with the people there. I am continuing to make steps forward on the special needs home and school. Baby steps now but I know it will all come together. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or want more information. My e-mail is theskymission@gmail.com. May you be strengthened and encouraged as you figure out what you are to do in regards to Kenya. Thanks again. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete