Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SOOO VERY TIRED TODAY. HAD HOPED FOR THE SNOW SO I COULD SPEND THIS LAST TIME AT HOME WITH KIDDOS BUT IT WAS NOT TO BE. I WENT TO MY PRACTICUM SITE AND WORKED WITH SOME OF THOSE KIDDOS. PICKED JAKE UP IN "CAR LINE" AND WE MET RUSS FOR LUNCH - HAVEN'T HAD THE CHANCE TO DO THAT IN A WHILE SO THAT WAS NICE. NOW JAKE IS TAKING A NAP - I WISH I WAS ASLEEP WITH HIM!! FINISHING UP SOME SCHOOL WORK - DON'T WANT TO GO TO ASHEVILLE TONIGHT - WANT TO BE WITH MY FAMILY.

I'M READY TO GO - I THINK THE KIDS WILL SETTLE IN FINE ONCE THEY SEE MY PLANE LEAVE - THEY ARE PRETTY WORN OUT WITH THE ANTICIPATION RIGHT NOW.

I HAVE BEEN SO OVERWHELMED WITH PEOPLE'S KINDNESS - OFFER OF HELP FOR THE KIDS AND RUSS WHILE I AM AWAY - ALL THE PRAYERS - I FEEL THEM! AND ALL THE DONATIONS FOR LEAH AND I TO USE FOR NEEDS WE FIND WHEN WE ARRIVE.

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE - I PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE ME STRENGTH - PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, EMOTIONALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY. THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD. I KNOW IT IS A HUGE TRUST ASSIGNMENT FOR ME - I HAVE GROWN SO VERY MUCH IN MY TRUST IN GOD AND HIS PLANS - BUT I HAVE A LOT OF ROOM FOR GROWTH IN THIS AREA.....

PLAYING THE WAITING GAME WITH THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW - WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SNOW TONIGHT SO THERE IS A SLIGHT POSSIBILITY WE WILL DRIVE TO CHARLOTTE TONIGHT.....

HOPEFULLY WE CAN UPDATE THIS ALONG THE PLANE RIDES - 1ST PLANE LEAVES CHARLOTTE AT 12:30 TOMORROW AFTERNOON - THEN FROM DETROIT AT 5???? WE WILL BE IN AMSTERDAM FRIDAY MORNING - NAIROBI FRIDAY NIGHT. SHOULD BE IN NAKURU BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON....

IF YOU ARE READING THIS.... PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT - JUST LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK....

3 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    I left you a message on your cell phone today but wasn't sure you would have it with you. I can't believe I let time slip away and didn't see you before you went. Know that I am so very proud of you for taking this gigantic leap of faith and following God's nudgings on your life. You and Leah are both certainly in my prayers. I look foward to keeping up with your journey as you are able to update it.

    Love you,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself drawn to looking here for any possible updates. I just read Russ's status update on facebook and know that you are safely in Amsterdam. I found myself close to tears and in processing those feelings just realize that I continue to be proud of you and proud of your family and I love you all.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mommy this is brittney,
    I just wanted to let you know that I am very happy that you were able to give that one boy a home that was homeless because his parents said that he had to start out on his own and he was the oldest of his siblings.
    Also of the girl named Ester that the guy donated money to for her for awhile at school that was nice.
    I love you and can't wait to see you. We have been counting down the days and marking off with stickers on our little map. Hope you help feed a lot more kids each and every day!
    I love you and Leah both.
    Hope you have a good time while you are sharing the word of christ and feeding the hungry.
    LOve you,
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete