Wednesday, February 3, 2010

countdown...

So, gonna try to get fancy with this blog now! I'll start with the color and font and see what happens! I spent part of my evening with my two boys - we made a calendar for Jake so he can get this whole trip in perspective. We marked off the days that are already gone in the month and then marked the day I leave and the day I come back. He has some stickers that he will use to mark off the days while I am gone. Caleb picked out some stickers he think will be good like, "you can do it" - how cool to see him being encouraging to his little brother in this way when I know he is experiencing his own anxieties. Caleb and I spent time last week doing a cool map - we drew lines to mark my flight path and wrote down specific details/times so he can "track" me.

Wow... what a ride my life has been here lately - can't believe in two days I will be done with my 3-month stint as Interim Director of Long's Chapel Child Enrichment Center and just four days later..... off to Africa I go. WOW!! I stand in awe of all the exciting, scary, fascinating, puzzling, difficult, humorous, frustrating, tearful, and enlightening ways God is working in my life.

Heart overflowing with love and gratitude for all the blessings in my life - my children - ALL children, my husband, my co-workers at the CEC, my fantastic site supervisor at my Practicum.......

No comments:

Post a Comment