Thursday, January 28, 2010

So, this journey (and I have always hated that word..... but it's the most appropriate for this venture in my life) is a roller coaster. I see that in my last entry I was at peace. It is amazing the things/situations that have been thrown at Russ and I in the past week. I'm not big on talking about the "devil" - however, my life experience has taught me that the more I am in God's word and pursuing God's will... the more the "d" tries to get me. Well guess what?? "Back off sucker"!!!!! Yes, I am exhausted - in every possible way - yes, my plans for how the last two weeks before I leave have been completely thrown off.... but..... God is with me and He is bigger than all these situations and things.... Leah told me yesterday that Chuck shared a quote with her that she is finding helpful in these countdown days.... it was something about "don't let the darkness take away what was clear to you in the light". So, yes, I am in darkness in many ways right now - but I know what I was confident of in the light.

Ephesians chapter 4 and 5 spoke to my heart a couple of weeks ago and just now when I opened my Bible..... there it is "living as children of light" 5:8 "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light".

5:15 "Be very careful then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."

The Lord's will for me is to go to Nakuru, Kenya in less than two weeks..... keep me and my family in your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment